Riberry, Chickpea and Quinoa Salad with Seared Lamb
Sweet, spicy, soft and crunchy. The powerful aromas of Riberry transform this healthy meal into a truely exotic flavour experience. For a vegetarian option, increase the quantity of quinoa, beans and chickpeas and simply leave out the lamb. Low GI and ticking all nutritional boxes, this is a meal that will keep you full for longer. The perfect 2-piece recipe for entertaining or ideal as a post gym protein hit.
- Combine vegetable stock powder, water, saffron and quinoa in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar and set aside to rest.
- In a large mixing bowl combine zucchini, 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir through quinoa, radishes, radicchio leaves, dried apricots, butterbeans and chickpeas.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind, pomegranate seeds, toasted nuts and herbs.
- Dress salad prior to serving.
- Heat BBQ to high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes on a flat plate on both sides. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve lamb along side salad.
This recipe was created by the talented Shelley Kamil, health and wellness coach, mother of two gorgeous girls and fitness enthusiast. Follow Shelley’s cooking creations here.