Spicy Prawn and Finger Lime Salad
With the weather quickly warming up this recipe is a necessity, best enjoyed outdoors on a balmy night or a sunlit day accompanied by friends and a chilled spritzer. Try cooking your fresh prawns on the BBQ to add a more rustic flavour, adjust the quantity of chilli to your spicy liking and simply swap prawns with tofu for a vegetarian option. It’s all about the Finger Lime dressing with this one, bursting in Vitamin E and a unique, zesty punch that’s sure to awaken your taste buds.
- In a small bowl combine prawns, garlic, chilli, coriander, 1 tbs macadamia oil and salt until prawns are coated in flavours. Refrigerate until needed.
- Toss together the onion, cashews, cucumber, carrot and mint, then divide between 2 serving bowls on a bed of rocket.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside for later.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over high heat and cook the marinated prawns a couple of minutes on either side. Still warm, place on top of salad beds and drizzle with dressing.
- Garnish with mint leaves and fresh chilli and enjoy crisp and fresh.