Iced Matcha Green Tea & Native Lemon Myrtle Latte
An iced matcha latte with a native lemony twist is exactly what you need right now. This sweet, refreshing Iced Matcha Green Tea and Native Lemon Myrtle Latte is made using a simple flavour infused syrup, which is poured over ice and topped with your favourite milk. Each batch of syrup makes enough for four large drinks, but you could very easily double the recipe and store it in the refrigerator for instant Iced Matcha Green Tea and Native Lemon Myrtle Latte’s anytime you feel like one. The perfect flavour infusion that is delicious served cold or hot.
1. In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring continuously until sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in matcha green tea powder until well combined. Set aside in the refrigerator to cool.
2. Once cooled, remove from refrigerator and stir in 1-2 teaspoons of TASC Native Lemon Myrtle extract.
3. Fill four tall glasses with ice. Pour 1/4 cup of matcha and native Lemon Myrtle syrup over ice and top with milk of choice. Stir to combine and enjoy!Tips
- We used almond milk in our Iced Matcha Green Tea and Native Lemon Myrtle Latte, but you can enjoy it with the milk of your choice.
- Try warming and frothing the milk and serving your Matcha Green Tea and Native Lemon Myrtle Latte hot for something different.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co.
Styling & photography @jules_mckie