Lemon Myrtle Roast Chicken
Roast chicken is the perfect mid-week dinner that can be enjoyed by the whole family or guests. Lemon and chicken are a perfect combo so you’re going to love this simple Lemon Myrtle roast chicken dish!
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of water and boil for eight to 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based flameproof baking dish over a moderate heat.
- Brown the chicken pieces in the pan, turning once, until skin turns golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining oil with the garlic and potatoes, tossing together gently to coat with oil.
- Add the Lemon Myrtle extract over everything and the sliced lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in oven for 45 minutes, taking it out twice to turn the chicken pieces and vegetables.
- Add tomatoes for the last 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and arrange vegetables in a serving dish, with chicken on top.
- Recipe adapted from ‘Good Food’