Potato Salad w/ Salmon & Asparagus, Lemon Myrtle & Mountain Pepper Dressing
Potato salad is one of those foods that makes us think of picnics and barbecues on a warm summers day. And this is hands-down the best version you will ever make. It combines buttery soft (or waxy) potatoes with tender peas, pan-fried salmon and asparagus, and then marries these delicious ingredients with our tangy Lemon Myrtle and Mountain Pepper Dressing. Come to think of it, this salad is absolutely perfect for any occasion.
- Place cut potatoes in 2 litres of cold water with 2 tablespoons of salt and bring to the boil. Add peas and cook until the potatoes are just tender, but not overcook.
- Drain in a large colander and set.
- Heat coconut oil or olive oil in a large fry pan. Season salmon with a pinch of sea salt. Add to pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add asparagus to pan with a pinch of salt and Mountain Pepperberry and toss until just Remove from pan and set aside.
Lemon Myrtle & Mountain Pepper Dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Add potatoes and peas to a large mixing. Pour over dressing and gently toss until the potatoes are coated in dressing. Add flaked salmon and asparagus and toss to combine.
Transfer to a large salad bowl or platter and scatter over dill sprigs. Serve immediately.Tips
- Try this recipe with waxy potato varieties such as Dutch Cream, Pink Eye or Nicola.
- This salad is great with roasted potatoes – try 1/2 a kilogram of roasted potatoes and 1/2 a kilogram of roasted sweet potato.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie