Waldorf Salad with Bunya Nut Crumble
A Waldorf salad is such a classic side dish or appetiser. Originally served in New York at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, we’ve given this quintessentially American salad a native Australia makeover using Sandalwood Nuts and Bunya Nut Meal in place of Walnuts. It’s fresh, flavourful and the addition of a savoury nut crumble takes this simple salad to the next level and a definite must-make!
- Preheat your oven to 170C.
- Place Sandalwood Nuts, Bunya Nut Meal, Saltbush and Pepperleaf into a food processor and blitz until combined and the nuts are in small chunks.
- Pour this into a bowl and add melted butter and mix with a spoon.
- Spread evenly onto a lined baking tray about 1cm thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Waldorf Salad & Dressing:
- Tear lettuce leaves into a large bowl. Add grapes, cutting some in half and leaving some whole. Then add celery and apple. Set aside.
- To make your dressing, combine all ingredients into a small cup or bowl with a spoon and set aside.
- Once the crumble is done, let it cool for 5 minutes then carefully break up with a spoon and sprinkle generously over the salad.
- Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
*You can purchase the following Native Australian Superfood Ingredients, via our online website. Click the links to purchase – Sandalwood Nuts, Bunya Nut Meal, Old Man Saltbush and Mountain Pepper Leaf.