Wattleseed Raw Cinnamon Doughnuts
Doughnuts like you’ve never had them before. This afternoon treat is a nutty cinnamon blend, complemented with a hint of Wattleseed that goes perfectly with a cup of coffee. Not only are they healthy, raw and vegan, but you can be certain that this chowtime is one high in protein.
- Blitz oats, coconut flour, almond meal and Wattleseed in food processor until oats are granulated. Add dates to mixture and process until combined.
- Add cashew butter, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup and continue to process until all ingredients form a bound, dough-like mixture.
- Tightly pack a greased doughnut pan with your mixture and set aside in freezer to become firm (approximately 30mins).
- Meanwhile, combine all glaze ingredients except coconut oil in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the coconut oil and mix through briskly.
- Once firm and set, gently remove your doughnuts from their mold and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Drizzle doughnuts with glaze and place in freezer for approximately another 2 hours, or until glaze sets.
- Combine garnish ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle lightly on doughnuts when ready to serve.
- Enjoy with a hot cuppa.